"Big boned" doesn’t actually mean your bones are larger, it means stature…build. My shoulders and hips are larger than someone who is considered petite, but that’s not fat, that’s because my physical build is bigger.
Despicable Me 2
For me, one of my biggest struggles is overeating. So here are a couple tips that can help anyone who has the same problem.
1. eat slower - don’t rush, enjoy your food. you’ll be able to tell when you’re full and you can avoid overeating. take your time.
2. use smaller plates/bowls - by using smaller plates and bowls you can trick yourself into eating the proper portions since your plate/bowl will look more full than if you use larger plates.
3. drink water - you should drink a glass of water before you eat to make sure you’re actually hungry and not thirsty. if you are still hungry, eat. while you’re eating drink water. and drink some more when you’re done.
4. acknowledge fullness - by eating slower and drinking water you’ll have time to notice when you are full. when you’re full, stop eating, save it for later or the next day. there’s nothing wrong with leftovers.
5. keep a food journal - by writing down what you eat you’ll feel more accountable and make better choices. you can also use this journal when you run out of ideas for meals and snacks.
6. protein protein protein - eat your meats, beans & legumes. these will make you feel full longer. PLUS they’re great for building up your muscles.
7. allow small indulgences - and of course you can’t forget, moderation. don’t ban anything! having a little bit of ice cream, or a couple french fries, or a cookie every now and then it will not hurt you!
How I feel when I lose weight
Fruits and Vegetables by themselves aren’t a complete meal
Add some chicken to your salad. Put some granola and yogurt with your fruit. You’ll feel fuller longer and are less likely to stray to unhealthy food.
Insanity is kicking my butt
And I’m loving it.
When I start a new diet and mom makes my favorite dessert
When the Weight Watchers scale is 10 pounds different from my scale at home
My ideal figure
Here’s the thing, I don’t want to look to a pop figure for body inspiration. I don’t want Beyonce’s booty or to be as thin as Megan Fox. I hate pop culture inspirations for weight loss, because that’s not something that appeals to me. I don’t care who is dating who or who did this or that. MY inspiration?
Strong women. Women who are proud of who they are and can kick some serious ass. I don’t need pop culture to tell me how to look. I need the Khaleesi to tell me to take what is mine with fire and blood. Donna Noble to tell me that sass is perfectly acceptable in the face of an adversary. These are the women I look towards, because I want myself to be something beyond how I look.